Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Challenges?

Nothing in life is easy. Everything has its challenges, including programming. The material prior to the midterm, I would not say was very easy, but it was definitely not extremely challenging. However, as the classes went on, the material became more and more difficult. One of my biggest challenge is coming up with my own code.Writing code is not just input and output.  Remember when I said that programming only used basic math? Well, I would like to take that back. So far, the codes that I had to write did use basic math. However, the thinking process is extremely similar to math, which is why I find math difficult. In math, we are taught a set of rules and results of certain equations and to answer the questions we have to manipulate everything we were taught. This is the same with programming. In this course, we are taught a number of different rules and functions. To come up with a code, we have to use everything we learned and in a way think outside of the box to come up with the solution. We have to manipulate and think of the rules from different perspectives. Maybe this is a sign that I still have not spent enough time on practicing how to use my brain to think like a programmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment