Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Why Did I Choose CSC104?

So you might ask, out of all the courses available at the University of Toronto,what made me choose CSC104 as one of my courses? Well to be honest, one of the only reasons I took CSC104 is because this course is a prerequisite for my intended major, cognitive science. If it wasn't for this requirement, I would have never even considered taking a computational course. But why? Well one of the main reason is that I can never see myself doing anything related to computer programming. To me, a stereotype of a computer programmer is someone that is good at math and that is definitely not me. Furthermore, because I have never done anything related to coding, with the influence of the media, I just automatically assume it is very difficult. However, after taking this course, my perception of the course has changed quite a bit. As I said before, I thought that computer programming was purely based on math. But, very quickly, I learned that this is not true, at least not for CSC104. Computer programming is more of learning and understanding a certain set of rules and thinking of those rules from different perspectives in order to make the program perform a particular task. Once the program is able to perform that particular task, the programmer has already succeeded, and this is a very satisfying feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment