Thursday, November 5, 2015

Is it interesting to me??

Before going to class, I honestly did not know what to expect from this course. I did not know whether or not I would fully understand the material and in my head, I was pretty sure I would not enjoy this course. After the first couple lectures, I was still not able to completely grasp the idea of programming since I had no prior experience with coding. However, the tutorials really helped reinforce the ideas that were covered in lecture. Furthermore, by spending more time playing with DrRacket, I was starting to get the hang of how an actual programmer thinks.That being said, I am beginning to find programming fairly interesting. By using DrRacket and a certain set of functions, I am able to modify images and even add animation to them, which I think is amazing considering the only  input is a couple lines of code. CSC104, allows me to explore my creative side in a whole new way. More importantly, DrRacket is no longer just  a random program with words and symbols on a screen, it is so much more. Now I am able to somewhat communicate with this program by speaking their language, similar to human interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment