Sunday, December 6, 2015

Starting the 2nd project

Starting the 2nd project was pretty difficult because I thought that the 1st project was fairly difficult. To me, the first project was difficult because it was hard for me to visualize what I had to do and because of that I struggled to write the code. Furthermore, because the 1st project was such a challenge, I worried a lot about the 2nd project. I decided to start trying the 2nd project right when it was posted. The first day I tried it, I couldn't understand how to do anything. My brain would not work and I was very nervous because I knew that I would have to finish the project some how. So, I decided to give my brain a break and went to sleep. The next day, I opened DrRacket and attempted to do the project again. I told myself that I was probably just over thinking and the anxiety was blocking my brain from thinking. So gave it another try and when all the check-expect test passed I was overjoyed. This made me realize the importance of spreading out work over a long period of time when I am stuck on a question. This allows the brain to ponder about the issue. Although the thinking happens subconsciously, ultimately giving the brain time to relax and process the information will lead to a better result.





2 comments:

  1. wondering if you still alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete